[7/16] 1-Day Intensive Workshop with Dong-Ho Kim
Kazone Art x Superani US presents a 1-Day Intensive Workshop with Dong-Ho Kim
How to Create an Illustration in Perspective [Environment]
- Date: JULY 16, 2022 (SATURDAY)
- Time: 10AM - 6PM
- Tuition: $150
- Location: 4850 Barranca Parkway #201 Irvine, CA. 92604
A strong understanding of perspective allows the artist to draw what they see and bring their imagination to life with a single stroke. This workshop will not only help you understand the concepts, but it will also put them into practice.
Take advantage of this opportunity to learn about their essentials, workspace, and, most importantly, their thought process for incorporating a complex scene into their own design.
This workshop includes a 3-hour lecture followed by an in-class exercise. Dong Ho will provide you with customized feedback on the in-class exercise.
This workshop is intended primarily for intermediate to advanced level students who want to learn perspective principles and, more importantly, how to apply perspectives to create a scene with moving objects and characters.
This workshop will teach you how to start a scene with a given narrative using basic design aesthetics like 1,2,3 point perspectives, compositions, diverse camera angles, foreshortening, and more. Throughout the workshop, you will learn how to transform familiar surroundings into your own imaginative scene.
See the schedule below for an overview of this workshop:
- 9:40 AM (Check-in)
- 10 AM -12 PM Lecture
- 12 PM - 1 PM Lunch and networking (A catered lunch, as well as coffee and tea, will be served)
- 1 PM - 2 PM Lecture
- 2 PM - 5 PM (In-class exercise and individual critique)
- 5 PM - 6 PM Book Signing
What you can expect to learn:
- Translate what you see (direct observation) onto a paper
- Techniques and principles to dramatically improve your drawing
- Customized advice and demonstration
- 1:1 draw over critique